LOG’s mission is to enhance the quality of life for lesbians in the Ottawa-Gatineau area. We provide a forum where members can meet, socialize and organize themselves for recreational and outdoor activities.
In LOG we…
- operate on democratic principles, based on shared decision-making, shared leadership and open communication,
- strive to be inclusive in our organization and activities, which are open to all ages and skill levels,
- encourage all members to contribute to our organization,
- depend on the good will of all members,
- encourage members to support a group social environment.
Members are responsible for …
- leading all of our activities,
- planning and supporting activities in which we participate,
- respecting LOG principles,
- respecting group decisions,
- annually electing nominated members to the Coordinating Committee,
- making LOG activities open to all and enjoyable.
The Coordinating Committee is responsible for …
- leading the organization,
- organizing general gatherings,
- facilitating communication among members,
- providing orientation to new members,
- providing technical assistance to activity leaders,
- managing LOG’s finances and reporting to membership.